Customs Brokers & Customs Brokerage Services in the United States
AGL Customs agent services, reliable and efficient
English | Spanish
At AGL we are committed to offering the best service at an affordable cost. We achieve this through a greater
understanding of the regulations for the import of goods than the competition. We are a company based on business
excellence, in order that our satisfied customers recommend our services to others.
We offer a comprehensive service that resolves all your specific concerns, guaranteeing you the highest level of
communication and commitment.
Our clients include:
- - Logistics and international freight transport companies
- - Import companies from all sectors
- - Retailers and wholesalers
- - As well as individuals
The Customs Agents are the only professionals qualified by the United States Department of Customs and Border Protection to represent you in the activities of your merchandise and foreign trade.
We provide our services 24/7
Our experienced team is there to answer your questions regarding the import clearance procedures, helping to ensure that your consignments clear customs swiftly and efficiently. Where it could take the inexperienced person many long hours to complete the process, we can get most shipments cleared on their day of arrival. We complete the paperwork; and we get things processed – fast.
• In-transit bond entries:
- - Immediate Transportation (IT) – Moving merchandise between two ports of entry within the US Customs Territory for entry in the port of destination.
- - Immediate Exportation (IE) – Moving merchandise between two shipping companies within a port of entry for export.
- - Transportation & Exportation (T&E) – Moving merchandise between two ports of entry within the US Customs Territory for export out of the port of destination.
• Clearance of merchandise through other government agencies (FWL, FDA, USDA, DOT, EPA, FCC and others). Certain commodities require clearance by other government agencies in addition to U.S. Customs. These are very involved processes and penalties for non-compliance are serious. We clear these items on a daily basis and have a lot of experience with these agencies. We also can submit for you FDA prior notices, register foreign facilities and apply for a license in case is required.
• Importer Security Filing (ISF, 10+2 Filing) CBP announced new information requirements on maritime cargo destined for the United States. The rule requires importers or their agents to submit Importer Security Filing (ISF) data elements, no later than 24 hours before the cargo is laden aboard a vessel destined for the United States.
• Customs Bonds. All entry must be accompanied by evidence that a bond has been posted with CBP to cover any potential duties, taxes, and charges that may accrue. There are two types of these bonds, continuous and single entry bonds. If you are a frequent importer it is cost effective to purchase a continuous bond, which can be used anywhere in the United States for all your shipments. Because we handle a volume of these continuous bonds we are able to provide special discounted rates on bonds purchased through us.
• Duty Payment and ACH Payment Processing
• Temporary Importation under Bond (TIB). Goods, when not imported for sale or for sale on approval, may be admitted into the United States under bond, without the payment of duty, for exportation within one year from the date of importation. The one-year period for exportation may, upon application to the port director, be extended for one or more further periods which, when added to the initial one year, shall not exceed a total of three years.
• Vehicle Exportation
• ATA Carnet Validation and Application Services: ATA carnet is an international customs document that may be used for the temporary duty-free importation of certain goods into a country in lieu of the usual customs documents required.
• Customs Consultation and First-time Importer Set up. If poor compliance practices are not addressed and corrected, the costs can add up quickly and result in a serious impact to your business. We can assist you with:
- - Development of compliance related processes, controls and standard operating procedures
- - International trade agreements
- - Tariff Analysis and Classification
- - Valuation
- - Voluntary Disclosures
- - Country of origin determination
- - Claims and/or Refunds
- - Post-entry process that corrects documentation errors
- - Duty and Tax Recovery
• Personal Effects Clearance
• Filing Protests. The importer may disagree with the dutiable status after the entry has been liquidated. A decision at this stage of the entry transaction is requested by filing a protest and application for further review.
• Shipper Export Declarations (SED) The SED is required for shipments when the commodity’s value exceeds more than $ 2500 per Schedule B number and for postal shipments if the value is at least $ 500. SEDs must also be prepared, regardless of value, for all shipments requiring an export license or for shipments to embargoed countries.
Our clients recommend us:
AGL Customs is my invisible partner in the United States. I feel fortunate - an importer friend recommended them to me, and they have managed to get my goods to my clients on time and in perfect condition. Gonzalo Suazo, Importer from Chile.
For us, a small agricultural cooperative in southern Peru, working with AGL Customs favors us a lot. We only let them know what day the products will be shipped. They do all the paperwork for us.
Organics for USA, Cooperativa from Perú.
We do not speak English, so being able to talk with AGL Customs benefits us. Previously, we had other experiences and we had to hire a translator to communicate our requirements. Francisca Pérez de Arismendi, Importer from Uruguay.